Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ten Eyck Tuesdays

WARNING: Crazy, huge post! I can't help it--I had too much fun!

Last Tuesday I spent the day with an awesome group of people. Val McCormick, Claudia and I were the lucky ones to make it into Carla Ten Eyck's first session of Ten Eyck Tuesdays. What a great time we had! The lovely Robin Dini and her husband Frank were our models for the day.

Before I begin, let me say this about Ms. Carla Ten Eyck. I signed up for her workshop because I admire her work and her enthusiasm so much. I wanted to see her in action and hoped some of her magic might rub off on me. Not only is she an amazing talent, but her love for what she does is infectious and she so enjoys sharing and teaching and helping people grow.

Spending time with Carla is just good for the soul.



Our first stop was a park at high noon. Not ideal shooting conditions, but we managed to rock it. Robin and Frank are so in love and so natural in front of the camera.














How's this for a cool location? Who knew a highway overpass could be so fun to shoot in? (Carla did, that's who.)







The Frankness.











Our last stop was in a crazy tunnel near the train station. A normal person would probably just hold her breath and walk quickly through, hoping nothing would drip on her from above. (Ha, ha--private joke for those in attendance!) But, again, we rocked it!









Carla set up this cool shot using Frank's aviators.



A Couple's Self Portrait. Robin shot this photo of herself in Frank's glasses. How cute are they?!







I rest my case.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking at your work is good for MY soul! These are beautiful! I love (no, LOVE) those shots on the overpass - what a great idea! Wish I could attend a Ten Eyck Tuesday. Or an Eileen Anyday.

Robin Dini Photography said...

hells yeah baby! we had a total blast with you guys. You said it! Ms. 10ike is good for the soul!

way to rock these pictures. glad you found my self portrait....shhh...i'm using a canon! ah!

Orchard Cove Photography said...

Love those super tight shots - really beautiful. I knew it would be a success but I'm glad to hear it was super fun!

xoxo

carla ten eyck said...

oh MAN Miss Eileen...!! You have quite an eye and the temperment of a great photographer! I love being around you and your humor (when are we going to see Bag Head btw)

And am SO glad you were there with us all day!

Unknown said...

Wow Eileen you TOTALLY ROCKED THAT CANON!!! I LOVE your shots. The shots from the table....ROCKIN'!!! It so fun to see everyones perspective. You are so talented my friend. Hopefully we can work together soon :-)

www.fabuluxephotos.com said...

Great job!!! Your pictures came out awesome ;o)

Em said...

so so so awesome... love so many of these - the emotion is incredible! awesome stuff girl.

 

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ebroderickphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.