Sunday, October 19, 2008

What Matters Most...

I had the long overdue opportunity to spend some quality time with my boy this past week. The poor little guy has barely seen me for the past 8 weeks as I have been slammed at work and with weekend events since August.

It was not as much time as I would have wanted since I had to leave him for the weekend to host a shower and bachelorette party in Boston. But the time we had was pure fun and love and laughs. Not only is he the Cutest Boy I know (yes, I know, I am biased) but he is also a remarkably kind, funny and inquisitive little man and it is so amazing to watch him grow and learn.

I was also pleased to be able to get some nice shots of Finn with my Dad. This is on my list of 101 things I plan to accomplish in the next 1001 days. My parents have been watching Finn for 3+ days a week since he was 3 months old and the relationship he has with my father is truly incredible. He worships Grampa and Finn is the light of my dad's life. They are the best of friends. It makes me so happy and proud to see them together.







Finn latest favorite: Hide and Seek. He was sooo proud of this awesome "hiding" spot. You can barely see him, right?



Sweetness:



Finn loves looking at maps and wanted to help Grampa find the best route to the beach.










Finn wears Grampa's glasses. (Is it just me or does he look like Simon from Alvin and the Chipmunks?)



























Life is good:









This is what life is all about:

10 comments:

Orchard Cove Photography said...

WOW. My cup runneth over too! These images are just so quiet and sweet and get right to the relationships of Finn and your Dad. Finn looks so much like you! Love the one of the hands on the map - just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. Eileen, these are just so great. The pictures of Finn and your dad are precious! What a wonderful thing to have accomplished from your list. Everyone will treasure those photos.

Robin Dini Photography said...

these are so beautiful Eileen! What an adorable little guy! he looks just like you. I love the first two shots! Gorgeous, but those shots of him playing hide and seek and playing on the beach with grampa are adorable!

Traci @ Tru Blu Photography said...

I LOVE these pics of Finn! The first couple shots are amazing and the shots of your dad and him are so special!

Erik Maziarz said...

so cool that you can check that off your list! these shots are classic. so cute! the series on the beach looks like it's straight out of a GAP Kids catalog.

Deanna Kaye Photography said...

Awesome moments captured, Eileen! And so adorable. I love the one of their fingers on the map! Actually, I love them all :) He'll love having these when he is older!

Mary Marantz said...

omigosh those first two are AMAZING!! He is like a mini you!! right???

M:)

Jaci Clark said...

SO cute Eileen! I can't believe how much he looks like you! I'm looking at these with the kiddos of some friends and Miranda keeps saying, "WOW, his eyes are so blue." :)
Love these images!

Cheers,
Jaci

Em said...

SO cute!!! his eyes are just gorgeous...

Kim said...

Eileen those are the sweetest.....you never fail to make me tear up

 

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ebroderickphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.