Thursday, July 24, 2008

Are You Sure You Want to Cut That?!

Okay. A bit overdue, but I've been busy. This cake totally deserves it's own post. It's own applause. Heck, it's own Fan Club!

This gorgeous creation was handcrafted by Ana Parzych Custom Cakes. Check out her website--you will be amazed by how beautifully she crafts these edible masterpieces. Please note: the flowers on this cake are not real! Yes. You read that correctly. These flowers are made of sugar! (I am not sure what the best technical term is for these: edible confections?)

I was right there in person and having a hard time believing it. They are exquisite. I cannot imagine the time and care it takes to make something so delicate and so perfect. If you happen to be looking for a cake for your own special event, do visit Ana's website.

IMG_2872-Edit

Hey--when a six-year-old boy knows it's good, you must be doing something right!

IMG_8479

IMG_3117

IMG_3120

IMG_2873

I love these shots that Aimee grabbed:

IMG_0400

IMG_0394

IMG_0413-Edit

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that IS amazing! I can't even believe those flowers are real. How do they do that?! The colors are gorgeous, too! Great job capturing it.

Robin Dini Photography said...

wow! that's a freakin' gorgeous creation! what beautiful work!

Tina Parsadanov said...

Wow, that is a beautiful cake! And captured so wonderfully!!! Awesome, just awesome.

Salty Grapes said...

OK. I scanned your post from work today. And I thought the cake was lovely! Had NO idea the flowers were SUGAR. Holy cow! Amazing! You captured it so beautifully... the colors are stunning. =)

Deanna Kaye Photography said...

Wow!!! So, I totally missed the fact that the flowers weren't real until I read Susan's comment... Beautiful! As is your work :) Great job!

Deanna :)

 

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ebroderickphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.