Monday, December 22, 2008

Girlz in the Hood

Okay. So I'm the lame-o who is just getting around to posting these days after everyone else.

Last Thursday night I had the pleasure of meeting up with three of my fabulous photo friends--Robin, Carla and Julia--for dinner and a little shoot-out. Dinner was a blast. At least for us. I'm not so sure the people who were seated near our table would agree, as they had to try to block out the constant eruptions of laughter from our corner--along with the occasional snorts of Ms. Robin Dini. I think we may be banned from that particular restaurant--oops.

After dinner and about an hour in the parking lot trying to coordinate who would drive and how to get all of our bodies and gear into one car, we headed out for Hubbard Park. As you may have read on Carla's blog, getting to the park was quite an adventure. Why none of us thought to take pictures of our route, I just don't know. I can tell you about the dive joints we drove past but it's just not the same as actually seeing them!

When we finally got to the park we all climbed out of the car and grumbled about how much we didn't feel like taking pictures! What a bunch of babies. Finally we decided we had to at least document that we were there. And once we started shooting the laughs came back and we had a grand time!


I love this shot of robin in her funky hat just taking it all in:





Robin being Robin. Pure delight!



Oh, Julia. Sweet Julia. If you've ever met Julia then you know this is what she looks like pretty much whenever she isn't sleeping. Who knows--she probably giggles in her sleep too!









A rare moment when Carla wasn't actively talking or laughing. I think she looks HOT!







And back to our regularly scheduled programming:



Thanks, Ladies! Can't wait for the next time!

6 comments:

Orchard Cove Photography said...

I am SO BUMMED that I missed this- can there please be a next time soon??!!!

Jaci Clark said...

I'm with Amanda, I wanna come too! Looks (and sounds) like you guys had a great time!

Cheers,
Jaci

Jaci Clark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
carla ten eyck said...

sounds like you like my earrings ;)

LMAO

E. Broderick Photography said...

I thought they were okay. But the boots did me in.

Anonymous said...

That's it. I'm moving up there. Never mind that it looks cold as what there, but how FUN are you girls?!

 

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ebroderickphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.