Monday, December 22, 2008

Rachel And Gary: Engaged

Just over a week ago I got together with Gary and Rachel to visit and shoot their engagement photos. I had met Rachel a few months back when she was working on the wedding planning. Gary was not around for that since he was overseas playing professional baseball! Pretty cool, huh? I don't know very many people who get to grow up and live out their childhood dream like that.

These two are an amazing couple. For so many reasons. First of all--they have to spend so much of their year apart due to Gary's career but Rachel loves to travel so she visits him for much of the summer since she is a teacher. They've done and seen so much together already! They talk about possibly ending up in Italy for a spell and I am doing my best to convince them that they will need a professional photographer on hand to document the whole experience. ; )

My friend Traci from TruBlu Photography came along for the shoot. We met up at their house and made tracks to a local tree farm, Dzen's, in South Windsor to pick out a Christmas tree. Lots of couples feel a little funny when they first get in front of my camera and they need some prodding to get started. Not these two! They were totally themselves, laughing and snuggling and doing just what I wanted them to do--pretend I wasn't there! I had so many favorites I am afraid this post may be over the top--but how can I cut it down when they're so darn cute?!





I love getting in close with my 85mm. Just getting glimpses of their faces and expressions can be so powerful.






Look at her smile!









How good-looking are they? Come On!











Poor guy. I was all, "Wait! Let me get a picture! Hold it--gotta check my settings...Yup. Okay. Stay there..." Luckily the man works out for a living so I don't think it hurt him too badly!



A favorite from the day:



Doesn't it look like we're in Colorado or something? Gorgeous late-day sun.





I love this grab of Traci getting all Safari-Sniper:



Don't you just love Rachel's laugh? That girl could melt an iceberg with her smile!







After dropping the tree off back at home we headed out for some dinner at an awesome spot near their house and then on to the city to grab some shots with holiday lights! Of course, we had to stop in the parking garage for some shoe shots:





Constitution Plaza. It was beautiful. But did I mention that it was, like, minus 200 degrees that night?



















They were such good sports about the cold but by the end we were all dying! My hands were working in slow motion. I'd go to change a lens and be all clumsy and forlorn! Rachel's toes were pretty much frostbitten so it was time to call it quits.

But not before a quick pit-stop at the local bar, The Pour House. This is where Gary and Rachel first met.



Gary and Rachel--I had such a great day with you two and am twice as excited to shoot your wedding in 2010! I hope we can hang out again soon. Happy Holidays.

10 comments:

carla ten eyck said...

Great shots girl! Her shoes were awesome- the parking garage shot is killer with the moving car in the bottom of the frame!

lindsay@sixpence said...

Yay Rachel!!! Mua!

Eileen, I love how you captured her contagious spirit. Beautiful job and what a fun shoot.

talia@sixpence said...

YAY YAY YAY! Eileen they are fantastic!!!

Traci @ Tru Blu Photography said...

This was such a fun day! Will be posting my shots soon!

Erik Maziarz said...

what a fun shoot! we all do so many apple orchard shoots, but that's the first xmas tree farm shoot i've seen. sweet! love the shots with the 85mm, and the shots from Hartford.

Jaci Clark said...

Wow! These are so great! I love the ones in the trees. It was certainly worth braving the cold weather.

Happy holidays!

Jaci

Anonymous said...

These are so sweet! I love those close-ups and the parking garage shots gave me that, "oh MAN...why didn't I ever think of that?!" feeling!

Val McCormick Photography said...

These are AWESOME Eileen! Love the shot in constitution plaza with her shoes in the frame! The parking garage were killer shots too! What a good looking couple!

Anonymous said...

Eileen,
We love the pictures! We are so happy with them. Great job!!
Thanks again,
Rachel and Gary

Robin Dini Photography said...

these are great! I love them all but I must say, those Christmas tree farm shots are awesome!!!! Take me there next time it snows! :) Wouldn't it be fun if we could just start decorating a whole line of trees??

 

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ebroderickphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.